Kelly's Favorite Songs

Hey Guys!!

How are you doinnnnnggggg?

So, I thought to share something that is really important to me and a huge part of my life and growth. WORSHIP.  


Image:Pinterest

You know how there are some songs that remind you of a situation or different moments in your life? Yeah, I have some of those and they are so powerful! I'd share the song, how it helped me and my favorite lyrics from it  πŸ’“ . Like my pastor taught us, Grace is really a song.

(These are arranged in no particular order)

1) More - Lawrence Flowers x intercession - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpNwzvPsDU


Image:Pinterest

I love this song because it's a genuine prayer to God and perfectly describes how I feel and what I want to be.

 ''For the worshiper in me just wants to be free, from the intellectual mentality'' 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''Every time I get the chance, I wanna give my best to you πŸ’“
I wanna give my best to you, I want to do what you ask me to do
I wanna go wherever you say
Say the word, and I''ll obey
I want to live a life that's real, I want to serve you lord for real
For you deserve all these and more, so I give you more ''


2) Seasons - Hillsong United - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaEx2A7p9Dk


Image from pinterest 

Ahhh!! this song!! 😭. In summary, ''My own will come when the time is right''

I found this song miraculously sometime last year, when I felt like I was floating. All my plans, my applications, nothing, was coming through and I had no idea of the next step or what do or even how to feel lol. One day, my phone was shuffling songs and I heard:

Like a frost in a rose, winter comes for us all
Oh how nature acquaints us, with the nature of patience
Like a seed in the snow, I've been buried to grow, 
From your promise is loyal, from seed to sequoia (HALLELUJAHHH!!)
I know
Though the winter is long even richer, the harvest it brings
Though my waiting prolong even greater, your promise for me is like a seed
I BELIEVE THAT MY SEASON WILL COME!!!!

Then this part just made my heart scream!!

I can see the promise
I can see the future
You're the God of seasons, I'm just in the winter
If all I know of harvest,
Is that it's worth my patience
Then if you're not done working, God I'm not done waiting!!
You can see my promise, even in the winter
Cause You're the God of greatness, even in a manger
For all I know of seasons, is that you take your time
You could have saved us in a second, instead you sent a child!

This song!  How could a song so perfectly, describe how I feel and also encourage me? When I feel that way, I just play this song at the highest volume! I pray our trust for God grows because he really is awesome!


I'd like to pause and say, God bless Hillsong! God bless Bethel music and God bless every one creating pure, undiluted music that exalts Jesus and who he is πŸ’“


3) God I look to you - Jenn Johnsonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEubLmNPxwg



How many of us are familiar with impostor syndrome (the feeling that you are a fraud and not good enough). I am over familiar with it! I felt this way for like 2 years straight and I still feel this way but when it comes, i counter it with the word of God (My next blog post will be centered on this). I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, like I was't as smart as I thought (I am really brilliant, by the way! ;). I felt overwhelmed.

God I look to you, I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like you do
God I look to you, You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, you know just what to do!

This is a prayer and I sang along to this song every morning on my way to work. It helped me a lot

4) Highlands (Song of ascent) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbxP0rxt6E

Image:Pinterest

My reassurance that God is always with me in every situation, both good (highlands) and bad (heartache). He's the same God always. He's good, even when things do not go my way.

In the highlands and the heart ache
you're neither more or less declined
I would search and stop at nothing
You're not just that hard to fine

I will praise you on the mountain
And I will praise you when the mountain's in my way
You're the summit where my feet are
So I'll praise you in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
You're the heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache all the same

5) Even when it hurts - Hillsong United - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSJwO5dJXg

 When I am overwhelmed, I put this song on the loudest, close my eyes and if I need to cry, I cry well and peace and comfort fills my heart. It's a song of trust and hope. From 4:37 - 4:57, all my tear glands break loose lool.

Here's an excerpt from the composer which perfectly describes this beautiful song:

Even when it Hurts is a Praise Song - not exactly in the new-traditional happy-clappy-Sunday-morning sense. No, this is the kind written to sound its loudest in the cold-lonely-silence of the darkest night, or the heart-drenched-desperation of the heaviest of tears.
It is a song that finds its voice in the moments and seasons where to all common sense and logic, to sing, and be thankful for anything at all, let alone sing a song pf praise to God, makes no sense at all. When the fight seems lost and all strength gone with it. When it's hard to even find the words. Louder then. This is that kind of praise song. 

''Even when the fight seems lost
I'll praise you
Even when it hurts like hell
I'll praise you
Even when it makes no sense to sing
Louder then I'll sing your praise

Lord my heart burns only for you
You are all, you are all I want
And my soul waits only for you 
And I will sing till the miracle comes

Even when the morning comes
I'll praise you 
Even when the fight is won
I'll praise you 
Even when my time on earth is done
Louder then I'll sing your praise

Sigh, Lool when I started writing this post, I thought I'd be able to share at least half of my songs (I have almost 40 by the way loool). So this post doesn't become too long and borinngggg, I'd put up a part 2 of it on Monday

Thank you so much for reading this far and sharing a piece of my heart

I hope you have been blessed

I love you, God loves you moreπŸ’“

Love, 

K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jos, the city that raised me