SSHSSHH!

Shhsshh!
I want to talk to someone who is ready to listen.
I mean, really listen to me and understand what I am talking about.

Understand my pain, understand my heart, and understand everything I bring out from my mouth!
When I come to you and say I have a problem, I want you to listen and not try to solve it this time.
When I come to you with my heart and tell you what’s going on in it, I want you to relate with me.
It’s not like I am helpless or I can’t help myself but maybe
I just want to share it with you. Maybe I just need a listening ear; maybe all I am keeping inside of me is eating me up and choking happiness out of me.
I don’t need you to tell me what I am doing wrong and neither do I need you to advice me, I just want you to listen.
Please, listen to me. Sometimes, when I tell you stuff, I don’t want you to try to fix it, I just want to let it all out, I just want you to feel my pain, and I just want you to cry with me!
Listen to me. Wait! Just hold up and let me talk and when I am done, I’ll listen to you, I promise.- Kelly Praise

Sometimes, we need to listen more to people and not quickly cook up advice each time they come running to us. We need to identify with feelings sometimes and not try to solve them all the time. I think the reason why God gave us two ears and a mouth is because he wants us to listen more to people. You mustn’t always be eager to offer what you think is the solution. Sometimes, we just have to listen.

Comments

  1. very true,,kip it up,,,I just learnt smtin important now..Harasho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, it was worth the wait, a diff style totally, got me thinking if twas a poem or an article buh which ever way, u burst my head.... #uhm listening

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jos, the city that raised me

Kelly's Favorite Songs